Wednesday 5 January 2011

Something a bit different - a hare

I thought I might try broadening out into creating some other types of animal occasionally this year.  It is really important to me that they pass the cuddle test. They needn't be too realistic...I want teddy charm and comfort, but alongside that...enough realism for people to recognise what kind of creature I've made.

My first effort of 2011 is Herbert the hare.  He is a rather large hare - 19 inches to the top of his ears and he is not really designed for speed.  He has the usual large tum I prefer on my bears.  He is made from  lovely, dense, soft alpaca in dove grey and ivory.  He has 6 joints, including a double-neck joint, wired ears, whiskers, black glass eyes and the pads on his large feet are grey ultrasuede.  He is stuffed with polyfill and plastic pellets.  Please click on the photos to see a larger version of the picture.  Like all my creations, he is a collector item, not suitable for children.  He is available for adoption for £130 including tracked, insured postage worldwide.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, he's so very sweet, Sue! And I'm sure he's extremely huggable. I have a rabbit in the works...hopefully, he'll be finished sometime this year. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is really beautiful. I love his profile pic. What a great shape to his head. And he can stand so beautifully. I just love, love him!

    ReplyDelete