I am presently well and truly in bearmaking mode with Hugglets just under two weeks away. I have a confession to make - although I am best known for realistic style bears, I adore bright and pastel shades. These are not really suitable for realistic bears, so I have designed a new pattern that will, I hope allow me to use some of the colours I have been hankering to use for so long. I have finished two prototypes and so, now I needed some interesting mohair colours
Out came my 'all in one dyes'. I wanted apricot or muted orange, a green, bright pink and very pale blue colours. I didn't have any green dye so mixed some hyacinth blue with lemon yellow to get green. I am pretty happy with the colours - maybe the green is a little strong, but hope I can coffee dye it later to tone it down.
Now to get cutting out and sewing!