Tuesday 24 May 2011

Going Off Piste

I love and enjoy making my realistic style bears, but classic bears were my first love.  I have been playing around with a classic teddy design and have come up with two different little fellows, Chester and Tommy.  Unfortunately, I cannot help myself, and I added hand moulded epoxy clay noses and eye whites (in felt) to each.  Tommy has hand-painted eyes.  (So not that classic!) They are both made with a lovely curly, tipped Schulte mohair.

I had a couple of small pieces of lovely ivory and golden curly kid mohair left from an earlier bear project and made a little bunny, Alice.  Variety is the spice of life!

I am still recovering from the Minstead Bear Fair on Sunday.  It was a long day, but enjoyable.  It was great to catch up with a couple of old friends and make a few new ones.

Next week is half-term, so I hope to find the time to make a new bear or two for the Stratford fair in June.

Hugs
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Even with the epoxy nose I still see classic in there, especially Chester. Just the roundness of his head and the set of his eyes says classic English teddy to me. They are both wonderful and so is the bunny, she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, all so cute, they look fab to me, who cares about 'traditional' :oD

    ReplyDelete