Tuesday 15 January 2013

No Idle Hands Here!

While Mike is recovering from his operation, I wanted a project I could work on...and spend time sitting with him.  Hand quilting seemed to fit  the bill.  I bought a couple of lovely, traditional Sandie Lush cushion cover quilting patterns months ago.  They were put into the pile of 'I'd love to have a go at hand quilting.  I'll get around to trying this one day'.

I always worry about ruining lovely fabric, but wanted to use oyster silk Dupion.  I transferred the pattern to the silk using my 'light box'.  This sounds very grand, but is Mike's car inspection lamp placed under my quilting extension table.  It is much easier than tracing against the window!  The wadding is a very light wool and the backing is a fine calico.

Now I need to make it up into a cushion.


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty :o) My go to project for times like that is EPP, I just have to remember to do something with all the hexies etc I make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! One day I'd like to make a hand quilted wholecloth quilt, but that will probably have to wait until I break my foot again! :)

      Delete