Friday 20 August 2010

Blossom - large black bear cub

I am  now properly into bear making mode.  I have just finished Blossom, a black bear cub.  She is large for me...all of 19 inches.  She is made with the most beautiful Shulte alpaca.  It is really soft and smooth for alpaca.  It is very dark brown, almost black at the tips while the undercoat is a slightly lighter reddish-brown.  This gives a very natural appearance.  Her muzzle is a short Shulte alpaca that has been lightly shaded.  Blossom has 6 joints, including a double-neck joint and leather pads and paws with pulled toes.  I have given her lovely, realistic large ears.  I have posted a couple of pictures as well as the photo I used as a source.  I have not tried to copy the photo, but just to capture the essence of the bear cub.

Hugs

Sue


Source photo

No comments:

Post a Comment