Monday 16 August 2010

Buddy and Filbert at Play

have finally got around to photographing Buddy.  Everything has been in chaos for the past week as I have been moving my bear-making equipment from the dining room to the back bedroom.  Our dining room has been restored to its original use and the back bedroom is now a bear friendly zone.

Buddy is a 13" open-mouthed bear cub made from my favourite tipped alpaca.  Unfortunately, I only have a few scraps left and don't know if I will be able to source any more.  The fur has a lovely, dense, soft feel to it and is shinier than most alpacas.  It is a dream to work with.  Back to Buddy...his arms and legs are wired for extra posing possibilities.  He can stand unaided.  His paws are made from black leather and his toes have been pulled.  His mouth is also made from black leather.  His tongue is made from ultrasuede that has been hand-painted.

I couldn't resist photographing him with Filbert...although, from his expression, I'm not sure Filbert appreciated Buddy's hugs!

Hope you like him!!

1 comment:

  1. They are simply magnificent together, Sue, what a lovely couple of bears.
    In the last photo I think Buddy is asking you to rub his tummy :-)

    ReplyDelete