Wednesday 29 February 2012

So much to be grateful for...

Firstly, many thanks to all the collectors who stopped to talk to me at Hugglets on Sunday and, of course, to those who took my bears home with them!  We had a great day, and I managed to find time in the afternoon to have a look at some of the thousands of wonderful bears that were there on the day.  The halls were crowded and the show had a wonderful, exciting atmosphere.

I am already busy with new designs.  I am working on a new, large realistic sitting bear pattern with several design changes.  This new bear will be revealed towards the end of March.

I have also been sorting out my stash of mohair.  It is such a joy to be able to work every day with some of the most luxurious, fabulous materials.  The mohair below is waiting patiently to become mischevious little bruins!



Today is incredibly mild and sunny here in Kent and I popped into the garden to take a few photos of the first flowers to appear this year.  The camellia has been in flower since December!  There isn't much yet, but it is a start!





On Saturday I went with my future daughter-in-law and her mum to her wedding dress fitting.  I cannot say much as my son might read this, but she looked stunning.  The wedding is in June - so we need to hope for a nice day.

So much to be grateful for!

4 comments:

  1. You are right there is so much to be grateful for. What an exciting time with a wedding in the family.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, glad it was such a great day, and looking forward to seeing your new creations. Your garden looks great too

    ReplyDelete