Thursday 1 March 2012

'March'ing in....

I very rarely make a real, traditional teddy, but felt the urge, and Daisy was the result.  Like most arctophiles, I first fell in love with the old English and German classic teddies. So, she has traditional drumstick legs, one-piece arms and a large hump. I wanted to attempt some gentle aging techniques, to give her  the feel of having lived a life.  She has been sanded, plucked, trimmed and gently shaded.  She is wearing a lovely, ivory silk dress.
Daisy has been adopted.



Wow, it is SO warm and sunny today...just like a summer's day.  I can hear a bee buzzing outside my studio window!  I'm sure it cannot last, but is very welcome, all the same.

Hugs to all!

13 comments:

  1. Прекрасная мишка =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lovely classic lady :)

    Hugs,
    Neri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, she's gorgeous, no wonder she was snapped up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy. I really enjoyed the aging processes I used on her.

      Delete
  4. My goodness, she is beautiful. I love this fur, and the way you have so gently aged her. Wonderful bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Joanne. I only wish I was aging 'gently' as well!

      Delete
  5. Oh Sue! She is amazing! Just love her wonderful dainty look. Beautiful creation as usual! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, Carol...she is a real girly bear!

      Delete
  6. I love this bear so much. She has been so sensitively aged and her dress is a dream. A beautiful bear!!!!
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Она прекрасная,очень красивая нежная медведица!!! Буду ждать Ваших новых трациционных медведей:)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful bear!!!! Best regards Simone

    ReplyDelete