Tuesday 28 September 2010

Linda Benson Course

On the 18th and 19th September I attended a two day bearmaking course, taught by the wonderful Linda Benson and hosted by Bill and Jean Ashburner of BearBits fame.

The two days were full on and packed with plenty of techniques and tips that were new to me and should help me to improve and extend the way I work.  Jean and Bill were very hospitable hosts and great fun.  They provided delicious lunches and kept us plied with refreshments.

I have always adored Linda's work, so the opportunity to spend two days learning from her was an opportunity not to be missed!

I still haven't quite finished my bear as I have some bearmaking commitments and deadlines to meet...so my little bear will have to sit and wait for time to finish.

It was really lovely to spend the weekend with others that share the same bearmaking passion!


Hugs

Sue

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I envy you Sue. I would love to take a class from Linda. I am glad you had a good time. Please make sure you show us pictures of you little guy when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joanne! Lucky you! Love to see your bear one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so jealous, I would have loved to have gone. Can't wait to see what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am amongst the previous 3 and I too am so envious of your opportunity to attend one of Linda's classes. I have made two of her bears on my own with a few little tips that she sent me.
    You are so fortunate.Did you love the class and did you learn a lot from her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little polar cub, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan

    It was a great course with lots of new techniques and better methods of working. I love Linda's work and she is a very kind teacher (lucky for me!)

    Hugs

    Sue

    ReplyDelete