Wednesday 23 March 2011

Such a Beautiful Day

The sun is shining today and the spring flowers in the garden are coming into bloom, so I couldn't resist taking some of the Teddybuys gang out into the garden.  If this weather continues, we will all need sunglasses!

About a week ago, I made a little bunny using some lovely softly curled Schulte kid mohair in gold and white.   The egg in the basket in the photo below has a story associated with it.  Between the ages of 8 and 13, I lived in Zweibrucken in Germany.  My brothers and I were given lovely papier mache eggs filled with chocolates for Easter.  I have managed to obtain a few eggs from Germany...an example of which is in the photo below (I seem to have managed to place it upside down in the basket!).  It really brings back memories of childhood.


Hazel finally has her leather pads

She's catching a little spring sunshine with William and Camille.

William is a bit of a show off and cannot resist climbing trees.

A few more photos of Hazel

 Lastly, I have been asked to give a talk on teddy making to the Rotary Club tomorrow evening and I'm really looking forward to it.  I intend to take some examples of artist and vintage bears from my collection as well as a few Teddybuys bears.  I'm also going to take a selection of materials and tools to explain the process of bear making.  I hope the members will find the talk interesting.

Hugs to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment